[openstack-dev] [kolla][keystone] better way to rotate and distribution keystone fernet keys in container env

Paul Bourke paul.bourke at oracle.com
Mon Mar 6 10:05:39 UTC 2017

Two initial ideas:

We could create a specific ansible task to rotate the keys, and document
that operator should set up a cron job on the deployment node to run
this periodically.

We could also look at making use of VRRP (keepalived). Potentially the
cron job could run on every controller, but only take action if it
identifies it's the one with the VIP.

The second seems preferable to me as it requires no additional effort on
the part of the operator. Maybe there's problems with this though that
I'm not thinking of.

-Paul