[openstack-dev] [nova][searchlight] When do instances get removed from Searchlight?

Balazs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Mon Mar 6 09:34:17 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 3:09 AM, Zhenyu Zheng
<zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Matt
>
> AFAIK, searchlight did delete the record, it catch the
> instance.delete notification and perform the action:
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/searchlight/tree/searchlight/elasticsearch/plugins/nova/notification_handler.py#n100
> ->
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/searchlight/tree/searchlight/elasticsearch/plugins/nova/notification_handler.py#n307

Hi,

There is instance.soft_delete legacy notification [2] (delete_type ==
'soft_delete'). This could be transformed to versioned notification
along with [3]. So I guess there could be a way to distinguish between
soft delete and real delete on searchlight side based on these
notifications.

Cheers,
gibi

[2]