[openstack-dev] [mistral][cinder][keystone] Fixing Mistral & Cinder service type in the catalog

Renat Akhmerov renat.akhmerov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 09:25:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

There was a patch recently merged ([1]) that works around a bad decision that Cinder and Mistral team
(possible someone else too) to include api version in the name of service type in the catalog. For
example, for Mistral it was initially “workflow” when we were working on a POC of the project but once
we realized that we created a stable API we called it “v2” and changed service type to “workflowv2”.
Now we see it was a bad thing to do (see details in the patch).

I wonder if we can do something to get this fixed in long term. Ideally, i’d like to make it just “workflow”
again but that seems to be not easy now.

Would appreciate your input.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/434344/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/434344/>

Renat Akhmerov
@Nokia