[openstack-dev] [nova] placement/resource providers update 13

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 14:09:40 UTC 2017

On 3/3/2017 9:52 AM, Chris Dent wrote:

> ## Nested Resource Providers
>
> There was some discussion at a flipboard about the concept of
> resource providers with multiple parents. We eventually decided
> "let's not do that".

We need to document *why* we aren't going to do that in the nested
resource providers spec. I'm on board with it, supporting graphs would
not be fun, but we should make sure it's clearly documented why when
people ask about this use case and I know they will.

> * https://review.openstack.org/#/c/418393/
>   A spec for improving the level of detail and structure in placement
>   error responses so that it is easier to distinguish between
>   different types of, for example, 409 responses.

We were just talking about the need for this in IRC yesterday so I'm
glad to see someone was already working on it.

Thanks for the detailed update Chris.

Matt Riedemann