[openstack-dev] [nova][telemetry] gate breakage

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 16:26:09 UTC 2017

On 3/2/2017 8:29 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 3/2/2017 8:14 AM, Mehdi Abaakouk wrote:
>> Example of failure:
>>
>> Our test assertion (that does a GET /v2.1/servers/detail HTTP/1.1) that
>> returns [] instead of the list of instances
>>
>> http://logs.openstack.org/56/439156/2/check/gate-telemetry-dsvm-integration-gnocchi-ubuntu-xenial/d4a6c69/console.html#_2017-03-02_09_28_59_334619
>>

>> The 'openstack server list' we issue for debugging that have the same
>> issue:
>>
>> http://logs.openstack.org/56/439156/2/check/gate-telemetry-dsvm-integration-gnocchi-ubuntu-xenial/d4a6c69/console.html#_2017-03-02_09_29_13_803796
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 02:52:20PM +0100, Mehdi Abaakouk wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> We are experiencing an blocking issue with our integrated job since some
>>> days.
>>>
>>> Basically the job creates a heat stack and call nova API to list
>>> instances and see if the stack have upscaled.
>>>
>>> The autoscaling itself work well, but our test assertion fails because
>>> listing nova instances doesn't works anymore. It always returns an empty
>>> list.
>>>
>>> I have first though https://review.openstack.org/#/c/427392/ will fix
>>> it, because nova-api was logging some errors about cell initialisations.
>>>
>>> But now theses errors are gone, and 'openstack server list' still
>>> returns an empty list, while 'openstack server show XXXXX' works well.
>>>
>>> Any ideas are welcome.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> --
>>> Mehdi Abaakouk
>>> mail: sileht at sileht.net
>>> irc: sileht
>>

> According to logstash it looks like the regression started around 2/28
> so we should look for nova changes that might be related.

Tracking this under bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1669473

The details are in the bug. We've figured out the root cause and I've
got a workaround patch up in nova and Mehdi has a workaround patch up in
devstack, and we're testing the nova workaround here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/440657/

Matt Riedemann