[openstack-dev] [docs][release][ptl] Adding docs to the release schedule

Ian Cordasco sigmavirus24 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 14:45:12 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Telles Nobrega <tenobreg at redhat.com>
Reply: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date: March 2, 2017 at 08:01:29
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Cc: openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org <openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>
Subject:  Re: [openstack-dev] [docs][release][ptl] Adding docs to the
release schedule

> I really believe that this idea will makes us work harder on keeping our
> docs in place and will make it for a better documented producted by release
> date.
> As shared before, I do believe that this is isn't easy and will demand a
> lot of effort from some teams, specially smaller teams with too much to do,
> but we from Sahara are on board with this approach and will try our best to
> do so.

Most things worth doing are difficult. =) This seems to be one of
them. If deliverable teams really work together, they may end up in a
situation like Glance did this cycle where we kind of just sat on our
hands after RC-1 was tagged. That time *could* have been better spent
reviewing all of our documentation.

I know projects go sideways all the time. I think this was Glance's
first cycle like this in a few cycles. But if we can make a habit of
creating excellent release candidates, we can spend the intermediate
time on documentation. I think that's a good compromise.

--
Ian Cordasco