[openstack-dev] [nova] upgrade connection_info when Ceph mon IP changed

Rajesh Tailor ratailor at redhat.com
Thu Mar 2 13:22:13 UTC 2017

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/9a05d38/nova/compute/manager.py#L5549

>I like this idea. Sure it's a delay, but it resolves the problem
>eventually and doesn't add the overhead to the start/reboot operations
>that should mostly be unnecessary if things are working.
>
>I like the short-circuit idea too, although that's a nice to have. A
>deployer can always disable the periodic task if they don't want that
>running.
>
>--
>
>Thanks,
>
>Matt Riedemann

Hi Matt,

I was thinking, if it could be done on restarting of nova-compute service.
Because if operator is going to change storage node IPs, they might need to
restart at least some services, so we can ask operator to restart
nova-compute service as well, if instances on that compute-node is going to
be affected by IP change.

To fix this issue, we can hard reboot the affected instances on restart of
nova-compute service, by doing so the updated connection info is getting
stored in BDM table as well as recorded in domain xml.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Rajesh