[openstack-dev] [all] PBR 2.0.0 release *may* cause gate failures

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Mar 2 07:07:47 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 05:01:43PM +1100, Tony Breeds wrote:

> And yes there are now plenty of pep8 jobs that are failing with PBR 2.0.0
>
> We can't revert the requirements change that landed which means that projects
> using old hacking versions are going to need an update :(

One option may be to release 0.10.3 of hacking that removes the cap on pbr.  I
think this would fix the issues on master but I *think* it will cause problems
on ,at least, stable/mitaka where 0.10.x is still the preferred version.

For projects that have constraints support things will be fine as the version
selected for PBR will come from upper-constraints.txt and hacking from
requirements so those projects will get pbr == 1.8.1 and hacking 0.10.3 #winning.

For projects that don't have constraints support which is still quite a few[1]
they'll end up with pbr 2.0.0 which will almost certainly break things.
Probably not in behaviour but more likely with similar VersionConflicts.

Yours Tony.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-March/113175.html