[openstack-dev] [docs][release][ptl] Adding docs to the release schedule

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Wed Mar 1 18:07:54 UTC 2017

On 3/1/17, 5:58 PM, "John Dickinson" <me at not.mn> wrote:

    On 1 Mar 2017, at 9:52, Alexandra Settle wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I would like to propose that we introduce a “Review documentation” period on the release schedule.
    >
    > We would formulate it as a deadline, so that it fits in the schedule and making it coincide with the RC1 deadline.
    >
    > For projects that are not following the milestones, we would translate this new inclusion literally, so if you would like your project to be documented at docs.o.o, then doc must be introduced and reviewed one month before the branch is cut.

    Which docs are these? There are several different sets of docs that are hosted on docs.o.o that are managed within a project repo. Are you saying those won't get pushed to
    docs.o.o if they are patched within a month of the cycle release?

The only sets of docs that are published on the docs.o.o site that are managed in project-specific repos is the project-specific installation guides. That management is entirely up to the team themselves, but I would like to push for the integration of a “documentation review” period to ensure that those teams are reviewing their docs in their own tree.

This is a preferential suggestion, not a demand. I cannot make you review your documentation at any given period.

The ‘month before’ that I refer to would be for introduction of documentation and a review period. I will not stop any documentation being pushed to the repo unless, of course, it is untested and breaks the installation process.