[openstack-dev] [tripleo] I18n-themed Deep Dive - July 6th

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Thu Jun 29 15:22:05 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

As I mentioned during the weekly meeting on Tuesday, I'd like to do a
short i18n-themed deep dive during next week's slot (Thu July 6th, 14:00
UTC). I'll use my BlueJeans at [1] and updated the deep dives etherpad
[2] with that information.

There should be two broad topics:
- Life and journey of a string
  - From when it gets introduced in tripleo-ui, goes through infra, up
    to Zanata, and then back
  - I'd also like to share some debugging tips, and how the infra jobs
    work
- Working with the I18n team
  - The role of the I18n cross-project liaison
  - How we interact with the team in general, how to make their work
    easier
  - Governance, release schedule & string freezes, particularly as a
    cycle-trailing project

I mentioned this presentation at the I18n meeting this morning and
several people expressed an interest in attending, it could be a nice
opportunity for both devs & translators to see another side of the
work. If there's something in particular you'd like me to touch on,
feel free to bring it up.

The talk will be recorded and I'll post a transcript as well.

Regards,

Julie

[1] https://bluejeans.com/4050564424/
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-deep-dive-topics