[openstack-dev] [nova] Need volunteer(s) to help migrate project docs

sfinucan at redhat.com sfinucan at redhat.com
Thu Jun 29 13:49:56 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-06-26 at 10:07 +0100, sfinucan at redhat.com wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-06-24 at 14:22 +0800, Zhenyu Zheng wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 12:23 AM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > The spec [1] with the plan to migrate project-specific docs from
> > > docs.openstack.org to each project has merged.
> > >
> > > There are a number of steps outlined in there which need people from the
> > > project teams, e.g. nova, to do for their project. Some of it we're
> > > already
> > > doing, like building a config reference, API reference, using the
> > > openstackdocstheme, etc. But there are other things like moving the
> > > install
> > > guide for compute into the nova repo.
> > >
> > > Is anyone interested in owning this work? There are enough tasks that it
> > > could probably be a couple of people coordinating. It also needs to be
> > > done
> > > by the end of the Pike release, so time is a factor.
> > >
> > > [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/472275/
> >
> > I will help
>
> As will I. I've already started restructuring the existings docs (and gave
> feedback to the spec based on that experience) and will start working on
> moving stuff in once done with that. We can probably break this up between
> us, Kevin.

The restructuring patches are up under the topic 'doc-rework' [1]. Would
appreciate reviews so we can move onto dragging in the various guides from
openstack-manuals.

I also note that Chason Chan (no idea what their IRC nick is) has done some
work on this, so we can probably just rebase and use that once the above works.

Stephen

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:
master+topic:doc-migration