[openstack-dev] [all][tc] How to deal with confusion around "hosted projects"

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Thu Jun 29 02:46:14 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:
> Such people are under the misguided impression that kicking cloudkitty out
> of OpenStack will somehow cause Nova features to land quicker. I can't even
> begin to express all of the ways in which it's wrong.

So much this.
I wonder where this perception is coming from, but I've definitely
seen it around.
Perhaps most notably from Mr. Shuttleworth [1] ?

Kicking projects like Cloudkitty isn't going to make the developers
working on Cloudkitty magically start working on Nova, Cinder or
Keystone.

[1]: http://www.eweek.com/cloud/ubuntu-linux-founder-tells-openstack-to-focus-on-things-that-matter

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]