[openstack-dev] [tripleo] OpenStack manuals project migration - Progress for TripleO

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 20:54:04 UTC 2017

Full background, context and details can be read here:
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/pike/os-manuals-migration.html

TL;DR: there is a massive cross-project effort which aims to migrate
documentations out of a central repository and into project trees,
managed by project teams instead of OpenStack Manual team (who is
running with low number of contributors at this time). (Alex feel free
to correct me if I said something wrong).

There is a list of things we need to do to achieve this goal, if
possible by the end of Pike:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/doc-migration-tracking

Here's a first (basic) iteration:
Switch release notes to use openstacktheme:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:doc_migration+owner:%22Emilien+Macchi+%253Cemilien%2540redhat.com%253E%22
(for all TripleO projects).
Note that TripleO doc already switched:
https://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/

We need to evaluate what other work needs to be done, I'll probably
keep working on it during the following weeks but any help would be
welcome.
I'll make my best to keep you posted on this thread, weekly, so we can
get feedback from docs experts, to make sure we're doing the right
things.
If you have time to help, please ping me directly.

Emilien Macchi