[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible][neutron][designate] Failure trying to set dns_domain from command line

Graham Hayes ghayes at suse.de
Tue Jun 27 15:55:32 UTC 2017

On 27/06/17 16:36, Lawrence J. Albinson wrote:
> Hi Graham,
>
> Many thanks for the pointer. I hadn't added dns to the plugin list.
>
> I did, however, set the following:
>
> neutron_designate_enabled:      True

Ah - unfortunately there is two ways of integrating Neutron + Designate

The external DNS plug, which allows you to use "--dns-domain" on a per
network basis, and "designate-sink"

designate-sink was written before Designate was an official project, and
uses notifications. It is very powerful, but requires deployers to
write custom plugins for it to work well.

What OSA is missing is "neutron external DNS integration" - which is the
code that we use for "--dns-domain"

If you file a request here it will go on to the to do list:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-ansible

- Graham