[openstack-dev] [QA][ALL] What tempest tests will go under tempest plugin for a Project?

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 07:51:58 UTC 2017

Hello,

In Queen OpenStack release, We have a community goal to split In-Tree
tempest plugin to a separate repo[1.].

I have a couple question regarding the tempest tests movement within
tempest plugins.

[1.] Since some of the core OpenStack projects like Nova, Glance and
Swift does have tempest plugin currently.
     Their Tempest tests reside under tempest project repo.
     are we going to create tempest plugin for the same?
     If yes, what are the tempest tests (API/Scenario) tests moving
under tempest plugins?

[2.] And, like other core projects like neutron and cinder have their
in-tree tempest plugins also.
     And those are also moving to a separate repo and currently, their
tests also resides under tempest repo.
     How can we avoid the duplication of the tempest tests?

[3.] For other projects while moving tests to a separate repo how we
are going to collaborate together to avoid
     duplication and move common tests to Tempest?

Links:
[1.] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/queens/split-tempest-plugins.html

Thanks,

Chandan Kumar