[openstack-dev] [tc][all][ptl] Most Supported Queens Goals and Improving Goal Completion

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Jun 23 00:29:17 UTC 2017

> > An idea that came from the meeting was creating a role of "Champions",
> > who are the drum beaters to get a goal done by helping projects with
> > tracking status and sometimes doing code patches. These would be
> > interested volunteers who have a good understanding of their selected
> > goal and its implementation to be a trusted person.
> >
> I like this idea. Some projects might have existing context about a
> particular goal built up before it's even proposed, others might not. I
> think this will help share knowledge across the projects that understand
> the goal with projects who might not be as familiar with it (even though
> the community goal proposal process attempts to fix that).
>
> Is the role of a goal "champion" limited to a single person? Can it be
> distributed across multiple people pending actions are well communicated?

I like this idea, and I would think it would be "one or more champions" in
some cases. I thought the uWSGI goal was a great example of the need for
this. There were some that understood this very well and what needed to
happen in each project. Some projects understood this too and were able to
make the change easily, while others had (have) to do a lot of catching up
to understand what needs to be done.

Rather than making a bunch of people take this time to get up to speed, I
think it makes a lot of sense to be able to have a few people just take
care of it. Or at least be a good, and identified, resource for others to
go to to understand what needs to be done.