[openstack-dev] [nova][placement] Add API Sample tests for Placement APIs

Rochelle Grober rochelle.grober at huawei.com
Thu Jun 22 20:03:59 UTC 2017

Thanks for the clarification.  Yeah.  No interop interaction  to see here.  These are not the api's you are looking for;-)

I think Chris Dent's response  about extending the gabbi based tests is great.

I'm a firm believer in never discouraging anyone from writing more tests, especially when current coverage isn't complete.  But that doesn't mean I want them in the gate.  But also, since developers gain a lot of understanding through reading code, the test code itself could help devs better understand the extent and limitations of the placement api's.  Or not.

I just can't keep from encouraging devs to write tests.

--Rocky