[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Moving away from "big tent" terminology

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 22 18:49:58 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-22 06:11:39 -0400 (-0400), Sean Dague wrote:
[...]
> It doesn't look like either (pinned repos or topics) are currently
> available over the API (topics in get format are experimental, but no
> edit as of yet). The pinned repositories aren't such a big deal, we're
> talking a handful here. The topics / tags maintenance would be more, but
> those aren't changing so fast that I think they'd be too unweildly to
> keep close.

Unfortunately I came to the same (API) conclusions while browsing
their dev docs yesterday. It looks like they're relatively on the
ball with implementing new objects and methods in their v4
(GraphQL-based) API on request, but someone would need to write up
the use cases and monitor for implementation... and then probably
mirror those into a popular SDK before we could reasonably automate.

> As I have strong feelings that this all would help, I would be happy to
> volunteer to manually update that information. Just need enough access
> to do that.

Much appreciated (I know how busy you are already!) and this
compromise was also the conclusion I was ending up at: volunteer(s)
from the community to help curate and maintain our GH presence. I
know I said the same in IRC but repeating for the sake of the ML:
it's become increasingly apparent that GH is first and foremost a
social media platform, so it makes sense to start treating it
similarly to our community's presence on other such similar
platforms rather than relying solely on the Infrastructure team
there.

Just because I'm PTL doesn't mean I'm comfortable speaking on behalf
of the rest of the team where this is concerned, so I'll first get
some feedback before I agree for sure (but it certainly seems
reasonable to me at least). Thanks again!
--
Jeremy Stanley