[openstack-dev] [FEMDC][MassivelyDistributed] Strawman proposal for message bus analysis

Ken Giusti kgiusti at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 13:23:26 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Andy and I have taken a stab at defining some test scenarios for anal the
different message bus technologies:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/1BGhFHDIoi

We've started with tests for just the oslo.messaging layer to analyze
throughput and latency as the number of message bus clients - and the bus
itself - scale out.

The next step will be to define messaging oriented test scenarios for an
openstack deployment.  We've started by enumerating a few of the tools,
topologies, and fault conditions that need to be covered.

Let's use this epad as a starting point for analyzing messaging - please
feel free to contribute, question, and criticize :)

thanks,

--
Ken Giusti  (kgiusti at gmail.com)