[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators][all][Ironic][Nova] The /service API endpoint
madhuri.kumari at intel.com
Tue Jun 20 06:37:28 UTC 2017
I am working on a bug  in Ironic which talks exposing the state of conductor service running in OpenStack environment.
There are two ways to do this:
1) create a new API endpoint e.g. 'v1/service' that can report which conductor is managing given node. Additionally it can also report aliveness of all Ironic conductors and on which hosts they are running (similar to nova service-list)
2) expose conductor_affinity in node-show (but resolve it to hostname first).
Option #2 is probably quicker to implement, but option #1 has more benefits for operators.
So I would like to know from the OpenStack operators and project teams who has this API:
1. What are the other use-case of this API?
2. Which option is better to implement? Is it worth adding a new API endpoint for the purpose?
2. Also why this API only expose the state of RPC servers and not the API server in the environment?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev