[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Moving away from "big tent" terminology

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Tue Jun 20 00:33:36 UTC 2017

I think openstack community  provides a flat project market place for infrastructure is good enough:

all projects are just some "goods" in the market place, let the cloud operators to select projects
from the project market place for his own infrastructure.

We don't have to mark a project a core project or not, only need to tag attribute of a project, for
example how mature it is, how many "like" they have, what the cloud operator said for the project. etc.

All flat, just let people make decision by themselves, they are not idiot, they have wisdom
on building infrastructure.

Not all people need a package: you bought a package of ice-cream, but not all you will like it,
If they want package, distribution provider can help them to define and customize a package, if
you want customization, you will decide which ball of cream you want, isn't it?

openstack is "OPEN" stack.

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang (joehuang)