[openstack-dev] [neutron] Do we still support core plugin not based on the ML2 framework?

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Mon Jun 19 22:09:33 UTC 2017

The issue is mainly developer resources. Everyone currently working
upstream doesn't have the bandwidth to keep adding/reviewing the layers of
interfaces to make the DB optional that go untested. (None of the projects
that would use them run a CI system that reports results on Neutron
patches.)

I think we can certainly accept patches to do the things you are proposing,
but there is no guarantee that it won't regress to being DB-dependent until
there is something reporting results back telling us when it breaks.

So it's not that the community is against non-DB core plugins, it's just
that the people developing those plugins don't participate in the community
to ensure they work.

Cheers