[openstack-dev] [all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Sun Jun 18 23:20:58 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 02:14:59PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2017-06-16 15:12:36 +1000 (+1000), Tony Breeds wrote:
> [...]
> > It seeems a little odd to be following up so long after I first started
> > this thread .... but can someone on infra please process the EOLs as
> > described in [1].
> [...]
>
> I thought in prior discussions it had been determined that the
> Stable Branch team was going to start taking care of abandoning open
> changes and tagging branch tips (and eventually deleting the
> branches once we upgrade to a newer Gerrit release).

That was the plan but as you point out the removal of branches is
blocked on a new gerrit release.  The stable team is lacking permissions
to abandon reviews on several projects so it's the infra script needs to
handle the abandoning of open reviews and the tagging anyway so I
stopped doing those bits until we can progress the whole thing.  Perhaps
that's a poor choice and I'd be very happy to re-visit it.

>                                                      Looks like some
> of these still have open changes and nothing has been tagged, so you
> want the Infra team to take those tasks back over for this round?
> Did you have any scripts you wanted used for this, or should I just
> wing it for now like I did in the past?

Josh wrote a script[1] to do it which IMO has worked well in the last 2
cycles.  You can do something like:

URL='https://gist.githubusercontent.com/tbreeds/c99e62bf8da19380e4eb130be8783be7/raw/6d02deb40e07516ce8fc529d2ba8c74af11a5a6b/mitaka_eol_data.txt'
eol_branch.sh stable/mitaka mitaka-eol $( curl -s "$URL" | awk '/Please EOL/ {print $1}' )

Yours Tony.

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/release-tools/tree/eol_branch.sh