[openstack-dev] [all][qa][glance] some recent tempest problems

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Jun 16 13:51:30 UTC 2017

> It would be useful to provide detailed examples. Everything is trade
> offs, and having the conversation in the abstract is very difficult to
> understand those trade offs.
>
> 	-Sean

We've had this issue in Cinder and os-brick. Usually around Ceph, but if
you follow the user survey, that's the most popular backend.

The problem we see is the tempest test that covers this is non-voting.
And there have been several cases so far where this non-voting job does
not pass, due to a legitimate failure, but the tempest patch merges anyway.

To be fair, these failures usually do point out actual problems that need
to be fixed. Not always, but at least in a few cases. But instead of it
being addressed first to make sure there is no disruption, it's suddenly
a blocking issue that holds up everything until it's either reverted, skipped,
or the problem is resolved.

Here's one recent instance: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/471352/

Sean