[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary (week 24) - devmode issues, promotion progress

Attila Darazs adarazs at redhat.com
Fri Jun 16 12:07:24 UTC 2017

If the topics below interest you and you want to contribute to the
discussion, feel free to join the next meeting:

Time: Thursdays, 14:30-15:30 UTC
Place: https://bluejeans.com/4113567798/

Full minutes: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting

= Devmode OVB issues =

Devmode OVB (the one you lunch with "./devmode-sh --ovb" is not able to
deploy reliably on RDO Cloud due to DNS issues. This change[1] might
help, but still having problems.

= Promotion job changes =

Moving the promotion jobs over to Quickstart is an important but
difficult to achieve goal. It would be great to not debug jobs from the
old system again. There's the first step towards that.

We retired the "periodic-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-nonha" job and
transitioned the "ha" one to run with Quickstart. The new job's name is
"periodic-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-ha-oooq" and it's already used to
promote new DLRN hashes.

There's still an issue with it, which is fixed in this[2] change and it
should start working properly soon (it already got through an overcloud
deployment). Thanks Gabriele for leading this effort!

Migrating the remaining "periodic-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-updates" job
is not straightforward, as we don't have feature parity in Quickstart
with this original job. The job name is misleading, as there are a lot
of things tested within this job. What we miss is predictable placement,
hostname mapping and predictable IPs, apart from the actual update, that
we will leave to the Lifecycle team.

= Where to put tripleo-ci env files? =

Currently we're using Ben's repo[3] for OVB environment files, while THT
has also env files[4] that we don't test upstream. That's not ideal and
we started to discuss where to really store these configs and how to
handle it properly. Should it be in the tripleo-ci repo? Should we have
up-to-date and tested versions in THT? Can we backport those to stable
branches?

We didn't really figure out the solution to this during the meeting, so
feel free to continue the discussion here or next time.

Thank you for reading the summary. Have a great weekend!

Best regards,
Attila

[1] https://review.openstack.org/474334
[2] https://review.openstack.org/474504