[openstack-dev] [all][qa][glance] some recent tempest problems

Ghanshyam Mann ghanshyammann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 02:51:47 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 9:43 AM,  <zhu.fanglei at zte.com.cn> wrote:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/471352/   may be an example

If this is case which is ceph related, i think we already discussed
these kind of cases, where functionality depends on backend storage
and how to handle corresponding tests failure [1].

Solution on that was Ceph job should exclude such test case which
functionality is not implemented/supported in ceph byregex. Jon
Bernard is working on this tests blacklist [2].

If there is any other job or case, then we can discuss/think of having
job running for Tempest gate also which i think we do in most cases.

And about making ceph job as voting, i remember we did not do that due
to stability ok job. Ceph job fails frequently and once Jon patches
merge and job is consistently stable then we can make voting.

..1 http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-May/116172.html

..2 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459774/ ,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459445/

-gmann