[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Moving away from "big tent" terminology

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 15 16:11:40 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-15 11:07:11 -0400 (-0400), Sean Dague wrote:
[...]
> I do kind of wonder if we returned the stackforge or
> friends-of-openstack or whatever to the github namespace when we
> mirrored if it would clear a bunch of things up for people. It would
> just need to be an extra piece of info in our project list about where
> those projects should mirror to (which may not be the same namespace as
> in gerrit).

I don't immediately see any good way to do that with
so if that's something we wanted, we'd likely need to switch to a
different replication solution than the one Gerrit itself provides.

I'm also not thrilled with the idea of making the hoops we already
jump through to deal with GH mirroring any more complex, just for
the sake of people who want to use it instead of the systems we
maintain. It's not free software, probably never will be, and most
of the Infra team (me included) don't get any real joy from
supporting it in the first place.
--
Jeremy Stanley