[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Moving away from "big tent" terminology

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 15 15:56:30 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-15 11:48:42 -0400 (-0400), Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> We took that tradeoff before and have suffered as a result. I'd say
> it's the cost of getting a project under governance.

Well, sort of. We took the slightly less work (for the Infra team)
approach of renaming repos within a single Gerrit instead of trying
to relocate projects between Gerrit deployments.

Ultimately, if the solution is to run a separate copy of our
infrastructure to host non-OpenStack projects, it might as well have
its own volunteer team running it. We're down to a skeleton crew as
it is, so I don't relish the idea of us being responsible for
maintaining an extra copy of all these services.
--
Jeremy Stanley