[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [nova] Does anyone rely on PUT /os-services/disable for non-compute services?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 01:56:24 UTC 2017

On 6/13/2017 8:17 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
>> So it seems our options are:
>>
>> 1. Allow PUT /os-services/{service_uuid} on any type of service, even if
>> doesn't make sense for non-nova-compute services.
>>
>> 2. Change the behavior of [1] to only disable new "nova-compute"
>> services.
>
> Please, #2. Please.
>
> --Dan

Are we allowed to cheat and say auto-disabling non-nova-compute services
on startup is a bug and just fix it that way for #2? :) Because (1) it
doesn't make sense, as far as we know, and (2) it forces the operator to
have to use the API to enable them later just to fix their nova
service-list output.

Matt