[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Containers Deep Dive - 15th June

Jiří Stránský jistr at redhat.com
Tue Jun 13 14:24:03 UTC 2017

On 9.6.2017 16:49, Jiří Stránský wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as discussed previously on the list and at the weekly meeting, we'll do
> a deep dive about containers. The time:
>
> Thursday 15th June, 14:00 UTC (the usual time)
>
> Link for attending will be at the deep dives etherpad [1], preliminary
> agenda is in another etherpad [2], and i hope i'll be able to record it too.
>
> This time it may be more of a "broad dive" :) as that's what containers
> in TripleO mostly are -- they add new bits into many TripleO
> areas/topics (composable services/upgrades, Quickstart/CI, etc.). So
> i'll be trying to bring light to the container-specific parts of the
> mix, and assume some familiarity with the generic TripleO
> concepts/features (e.g. via docs and previous deep dives). Given this
> pattern, i'll have slides with links into code. I'll post them online,
> so that you can reiterate or examine some code more closely later, in
> case you want to.

For folks who haven't had any prior exposure to Docker containers
whatsoever, i'd recommend giving these links a scan beforehand:

* Docker Overview
   https://docs.docker.com/engine/docker-overview/

* Docker - Get Started pt.1: Orientation and Setup
   https://docs.docker.com/get-started/

* Docker - Get Started pt.2: Containers
   https://docs.docker.com/get-started/part2/

(I'd like us to spend majority of the time talking about how we use
containers in TripleO, rather than what containers are.)

Thanks, looking forward to seeing you at the deep dive!

Jirka