[openstack-dev] [all][tc][glance] Glance needs help, it's getting critical

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jun 13 08:49:03 UTC 2017

Quick attempt at a summary of the discussion so far, with my questions:

* Short-term, Glance needs help to stay afloat
  - Sean volunteered to help
  - but glance needs to add core reviewers to get stuff flowing
-> could the VM/BM workgroup also help ? Any progress there ?

* Long-term, is Glance still our best bet for the future ?
  - The code base is way more complicated than it should be
  - Difficult to work on necessary refactoring with current resources
  - Glare is a sane base, but achieves more than just image catalog
  - Disk images may be special enough to require their own service
-> Elaborate on "optimizing for their specialness is really important"

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)