[openstack-dev] [all][tc][glance] Glance needs help, it's getting critical

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 00:21:51 UTC 2017

On 16:01 Jun 12, Flavio Percoco wrote:
> On 12/06/17 23:20 +0300, Mikhail Fedosin wrote:
> > My opinion is that Glance stagnates and it's really hard to implement new
> > features there. In two years, only one major improvement was developed
> > (Image Import Refactoring), and no one has tested it in production yet. And
> > this is in the heyday of the community, as you said!
>
> You're skipping 2 important things here:
>
> The first one is that focusing on the image import refactor (IIR) was a
> community choice. It's fixing a bigger problem that requires more focus. The
> design of the feature took a couple of cycles too, not the implementation. The
> second thing is that the slow pace may also be caused by the lack of
> contributors.

+1 image import refactor work. That's great that the image import refactor work
is done!

Mikhail,

I'm pretty thorough on reading this list for the dev digest, so even I missed
that news. Which release was that done in? Are people not using it in
production right away because of having to upgrade to a new release?

--
Mike Perez