[openstack-dev] [forum] Future of Stackalytics

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 21:07:51 UTC 2017

> On 2017-06-08 09:49:03 -0700 (-0700), Ken'ichi Ohmichi wrote:
> [...]
>> > There is a foundation member directory API now which provides
>> > affiliation details and history, so if it were my project (it's
>> > not though) I'd switch to querying that and delete all the
>> > static affiliation mapping out of that config instead. Not only
>> > would it significantly reduce the reviewer load for
>> > Stackalytics, but it would also provide a greater incentive for
>> > contributors to keep their affiliation data updated in the
>> > foundation member directory.
>>
>> Interesting idea, thanks. It would be nice to centralize such
>> information into a single place. Can I know the detail of the API?
>> I'd like to take a look for some prototyping.
>
> It only _just_ rolled to production at
> https://openstackid-resources.openstack.org/api/public/v1/members
> yesterday so I don't know how stable it should be considered at this
> particular moment. The implementation is at
> but details haven't been added to the API documentation in that repo
> yet. (I also just now realized we haven't added a publishing job for
> those API docs either, so I'm working on that bit immediately.)
>
> The relevant GET parameters for this case are
> filter=email==somebody at example.com and relations=all_affiliations
> which gets you a list under the "affiliations" key with all
> start/end dates and organizations for the member associated with
> that address. This of course presumes contributors update their
> foundation profiles to include any E-mail addresses they use with
> Git, as well as recording appropriate affiliation timeframes. Those
> fields in the member directory profiles have existed for quite a few
> years now, so hopefully at least some of us have already done that.

Thanks for the info, Jeremy.

The difference between current stackalytics config and the above API
is stackalytics contains gerrit-id and launchpad-id on the config but
the API doesn't.
I guess we can use e-mail address instead of gerrit-id and
launchpad-id and hope them from stackalytics config.
I will dig more deeply anyways.

Thanks