[openstack-dev] [Nova][Scheduler]

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 14:53:38 UTC 2017

On 6/8/2017 3:36 AM, Narendra Pal Singh wrote:
> Does Ocata bits support adding custom resource monitor say network
> bandwidth?

I don't believe so in the upstream code. There is only a CPU bandwidth
monitor in-tree today, but only supported by the libvirt driver and
untested anywhere in our integration testing.

> Nova Scheduler should consider new metric data for cost calculation each
> filtered host.

There was an attempt in Liberty, Mitaka and Newton to add a new memory
bandwidth monitor:

https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/newton/approved/memory-bw.html

But we eventually said no to that, and stated why here:

https://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/policies.html#metrics-gathering

Matt