[openstack-dev] [forum] Future of Stackalytics

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 8 14:19:23 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-07 16:36:45 -0700 (-0700), Ken'ichi Ohmichi wrote:
[...]
> one of config files is 30KL due to much user information and that
> makes the maintenance hard now. I am trying to separate user part
> from the existing file but I cannot find the way to make a
> consensus for such thing.

There is a foundation member directory API now which provides
affiliation details and history, so if it were my project (it's not
though) I'd switch to querying that and delete all the static
affiliation mapping out of that config instead. Not only would it
significantly reduce the reviewer load for Stackalytics, but it
would also provide a greater incentive for contributors to keep
their affiliation data updated in the foundation member directory.

> In addition, we have two ways for managing bug reports: launchpad and
> storyboard if considering it as infra project.

It's not (at least presently) an Infrastructure team deliverable.
It's only an unofficial project which happens to have granted the
infra-core team approval rights (for reasons I don't recall, if I
ever even knew it was the case before now).

> It would be necessary to transport them from launchpad, I guess.
[...]

If its maintainers want to migrate from LP to SB, we already have an
import script which copies in all the existing bug reports so that's
not really a challenge.
--
Jeremy Stanley