[openstack-dev] [neutron] pep8 breakage

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 12:23:25 UTC 2017

Six 1.10.0 is not the root cause. The root cause is the version bump
of pylint (and astroid).
Regarding pylint and astroid, I think the issue will go once
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/469491/ is merged.
However, even after the global requirement is merged, neutron pylint will fail
because pylint 1.7.1 has a bit different syntax check compared to pylint 1.4.3.

I wonder pylint version bump should be announced because it
potentially breaks individual project gate.

Is it better to revert pylint version bump in global-requirements, or
just to ignore some pylint rules temporarily in neutron?

Akihiro