[openstack-dev] [qa] [tc] [all] more tempest plugins (was Re: [tc] [all] TC Report 22)

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Jun 1 15:59:07 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Chris Dent's message of 2017-06-01 11:09:56 +0100:
> On Wed, 31 May 2017, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > Yeah, it sounds like the current organization of the repo is not
> > ideal in terms of equal playing field for all of our project teams.
> > I would be fine with all of the interop tests being in a plugin
> > together, or of saying that the tempest repo should only contain
> > those tests and that others should move to their own plugins. If we're
> > going to reorganize all of that, we should decide what new structure we
> > want and work it into the goal.
>
> I feel like the discussion about the interop tests has strayed this
> conversation from the more general point about plugin "fairness" and
> allowed the vagueness in plans for interop to control our thinking
> and discussion about options in the bigger view.

I should have prefaced my initial response with a statement like
"For those of you who don't know or remember the history". It wasn't
meant to imply we shouldn't be making any changes, just that we
need to understand how we ended up where we are now so we don't
make a change that then no longer meets old requirements.

Doug