[openstack-dev] [mogan] Architecture diagrams

Zhenguo Niu niu.zglinux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 03:53:36 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 4:06 AM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at fastmail.com> wrote:

> Hi mogan folks,
>
> I was doing some source code examination of mogan and it peaked my
> interest in how it all is connected together. In part I see there is a
> state machine, some taskflow usage, some wsgi usage that looks like parts
> of it are inspired(?) by various other projects.
>
> That got me wondering if there is any decent diagrams or documents that
> explain how it all connects together and I thought I might as well ask and
> see if there are any (50/50 chances? ha).

hi Josh, you can find some diagrams/documents on our wiki [1], sorry for
the lack of docs, will enrich it soon.

> I am especially interested in the state machine, taskflow and such (no
> tooz seems to be there) and how they are used (if they are, or are going to
> be used); I guess in part because I know the most about those
> libraries/components :)

In fact, we use the same state machine library like ironic to help control
the baremetal server state change. And we introduced a linear taskflow for
create_server to reliably ensure that workflow is executed in a manner that
can survie process failure by reverting. It's great if we can get
help/suggestions from a taskflow expert :)

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mogan

--
Best Regards,
Zhenguo Niu