[openstack-dev] [qa] [tc] [all] more tempest plugins (was Re: [tc] [all] TC Report 22)

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Thu Jun 1 00:29:07 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 03:22:59PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2017-05-31 09:43:11 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
> [...]
> > it's news to me that they're considering reversing course. If the
> > QA team isn't going to continue, we'll need to figure out what
> > that means and potentially find another group to do it.
>
> I wasn't there for the discussion, but it sounds likely to be a
> mischaracterization.
> I'm going to assume it's not true (or much more
> nuanced) at least until someone responds on behalf of the QA team.
> This particular subthread is only going to go further into the weeds
> until it is grounded in some authoritative details.

+1

I'm very confused by this whole thread TBH. Was there a defcore test which was
blocked from tempest? Quite frankly the amount of contribution to tempest
specifically for defcore tests is very minimal. (at most 1 or 2 patches per
cycle) It seems like this whole concern is based on a misunderstanding somewhere
and just is going off in a weird direction.

-Matt Treinish