[openstack-dev] [requirements][all] Freeze starting soon!

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Sat Jul 29 22:47:41 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 04:06:09PM +1000, Tony Breeds wrote:
> Hi All,
>     As most of you working on milestone based projects know we're rigth
> at the end of the freeze week.  This means that at ~0000UTC Sat 29th
> requirements will also freeze.
>
> global-requirements will be pretty hard frozen with only libraries with
> significant negative impact on the stability of Pike will be granted
> a feature freeze exception.
>
> So if you have things you know are wrong in global-requirements now is
> the time to get them published.
>
> The 'thaw' for global-requirements will be a little harder to define as
> we've had a number of projects take updates from n+1 into n branches so
> we'd like to try and avoid that this cycle.
>
> upper-constraints will also be frozen but the impact on changes there is
> easier to back out so we wont be handing out FFEs like candy but it wont
> be quite so hard to get them in.
>
> Of course we'll block the bot generated changes as soon as the freeze
> begins.

So this has been done.  There were a number of client releases that were
granted exceptions as they were just constraints bumps and it made
sense to get them into pike :)

The items that currently have excpetions are trackable here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/starredby:tonyb+is:open+project:openstack/requirements+branch:master

As you can see they both glance related.  I *think* the failure in the
nova py27 unit tests is bogus but we'll see after the recheck.

If it turns out to be persistent I'll need some help from the glance
team debugging that so we can take the updates.

The requirements team will discuss the status of these changes at the
next meeting if they haven't merged.

Yours Tony.