[openstack-dev] [docs][release][stable][ptl][infra] Strategic discussion regarding the future of documentation for EOL releases

David Desrosiers david.desrosiers at canonical.com
Fri Jul 28 19:37:07 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com>
wrote:

> I like this approach. With the size being manageable (large, but
> manageable), I would prefer we leave it until we need to free up
> some of the space

You could compress the individual files, configure the webserver to send
the correct encoding (Content-Encoding: gzip or deflate) to the client
(assuming their browser sends the correct Accept-Encoding header) which can
then correctly unpack the content for view.

Lots of ways to shave down the capacity of the data-at-rest on the server.