[openstack-dev] [relmgt] Non-candidacy for the Queens cycle Release management PTL

Steven Dake steven.dake at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 18:26:18 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 6:58 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> Excerpts from Sean McGinnis's message of 2017-07-27 08:45:16 -0500:
> > >
> > > I have multiple reasons for not running this cycle. First, as part of
> my
> > > expanded role at the Foundation my travel commitments increased a bit.
> > > The Release management PTL role requires regular work: I ended up doing
> > > a relatively bad job at PTLing this cycle, by being away during a
> number
> > > of critical weeks. Fortunately, I could count on the presence of the
> > > other team members (especially dhellmann and dims) to keep things under
> > > control!
> >
> > Thank you Thierry and team for the great work. Depite what you say, I
> > don't think anyone has felt the impact, so - great job!
> >
> > Sean
> >

> +1 to that -- With your guidance we have solidified the processes
> the team uses so well that we can all share the load. That's exactly
> the sort of situation we need for all of our cross-project teams.
>
> Doug

+2

The release management team has managed to automate and nearly fully
distribute the workload across the various teams working on OpenStack
projects and their deliverables.

A huge improvement from where PTLs in Mitaka and prior were manually
tagging and signing deliverables, handling the release note process, and
all other sorts of minutia that required extreme care and focus.

A fine example of cross project team collaboration.

Regards
-steve