[openstack-dev] [relmgt] Non-candidacy for the Queens cycle Release management PTL

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jul 27 10:13:48 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I don't intend to run for Release management PTL for Queens. If you're
interested in this role, I encourage you to apply when the nomination
period opens (July 31). You might be interested in reviewing [1], which
describes the still-not-automated parts of release management for
OpenStack. In addition to those team duties, the PTL is expected to run
the release team meeting and send the regular release countdown emails.

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/releases/tree/PROCESS.rst

I have multiple reasons for not running this cycle. First, as part of my
expanded role at the Foundation my travel commitments increased a bit.
The Release management PTL role requires regular work: I ended up doing
a relatively bad job at PTLing this cycle, by being away during a number
of critical weeks. Fortunately, I could count on the presence of the
other team members (especially dhellmann and dims) to keep things under
control! Second, I believe in expanding the pool of people who can do
this job for OpenStack, and in general in regular rotation of the PTL
roles to avoid burnout.

I'm not going anywhere though, I'll still be part of the team and I
intend to continue to take my fair share of the release management
duties ! Whoever steps up and gets elected will be able to count on a
solid team of seasoned release managers and mentors :)

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)