[openstack-dev] [nova] hardware offload support for openvswitch feature exception

Moshe Levi moshele at mellanox.com
Thu Jul 27 03:42:24 UTC 2017

Hi all,

In the last few week I was working on hardware offload support for openvswitch.
The idea is to leverage SR-IOV technology with OVS control plane management.
Just last month the ovs community merged all the required patches to enable this feature [1] should be in OVS-2.8.0.
I was working on the required patches to enable this in OpenStack.
On the neutron side the RFE approved [2] and the neutron patch is already merged [3]
On the OS-VIF side the patch is merged [4]
On the Third party CI side we have a Mellanox CI which is currently commenting on os-vif [5] ( we will extend it to nova and neutron as well)

The missing piece is the nova patch [6]
I just notice that this week is feature freeze in OpenStack and I would like to request an exception for this feature.
I will appreciate if nova-core reviewers will review it.
( Jay , Sean and Jan already review it several times and I think it is close to be merged)

[1] - https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/commit/bf090264e68d160d0ae70ebc93d59bc09d34cc8b
[2] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1627987
[3] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/275616/
[4] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/460278/