[openstack-dev] new contributor

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jul 26 21:37:24 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-26 18:21:35 -0300 (-0300), Leonardo Rossetti wrote:
> I am trying to sign the individual contributor agreement but the web form
> always returns this error message:
>
>  -32603 Cannot store contact information
>
> Any ideas how should I get it working? I tried to remove all special chars
> from the contact field but it didn't work.

The contents of those fields are actually irrelevant (except for
Preferred Email). I just tested on my account by entering "." for
the Mailing Address and leaving all the other fields after that one
blank, then clicking Save Changes.

Hopefully you were following the instructions at:

    https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html#account-setup

As those directions indicate, you must join The OpenStack Foundation
and your member level needs to be Foundation Member (not Community
Member). Also when signing up for Foundation Membership, make sure
to give the same email address you’ll use for code contributions,
since this will need to match your preferred email address in
Gerrit. These are the most common causes for the error message
you're encountering.

If you still aren't having any luck after double-checking the above
settings, please follow up and I'm happy to help you further.
--
Jeremy Stanley