[openstack-dev] [nova] Discussions for ivshmem support in OpenStack Nova

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Wed Jul 26 15:42:37 UTC 2017

[Mooney, Sean K] well ivshmem was deprecated in dpdk and removed and never supported with hugepages memory instead of posixs
Shared mememy in qemu where it is also deprecated so the first community to approach would be qemu.

I would caution against build new solutions ontop of ivshmem unless you have first measured and demonstrated that vhost-user is not suitable.