[openstack-dev] [nova] Discussions for ivshmem support in OpenStack Nova

TETSURO NAKAMURA nakamura.tetsuro at lab.ntt.co.jp
Wed Jul 26 07:06:46 UTC 2017

Hi Nova team,

It has been quite a long time since the last discussion,
but let me make sure one thing about the thread below.

IIUC, Nova is not welcome ivshmem support because it is no longer
supported by DPDK+QEMU.

But how would you say if it is supported out of DPDK-tree and can be
used from the newest qemu version ?

We are now developing SPP, a DPDK-based vswitch, and thinking about
trying to implement ivshmem support under our SPP code tree if nova (or
at first libvirt community) is acceptable for ivshmem configuration.

Your advice will be very helpful for our decision-making in our project.

Thanks in advance,
Tetsuro Nakamura

--
Tetsuro Nakamura <nakamura.tetsuro at lab.ntt.co.jp>
NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories