[openstack-dev] [legal-discuss] [neutron] License issue & Need help

HoangCX at vn.fujitsu.com HoangCX at vn.fujitsu.com
Wed Jul 26 03:04:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

We are recently trying to propose a Netlink solution [1] in order to improve performance for Neutron's Security Group. Almost the thing is ready to go except for license issue as we are not so familiar with this area.
The problem is come from some parts of code we used that based on MIT license (not Apache 2 license). So need to get help for the following points:

1. Can we mix MIT license and Apache 2 license in a same file like [2]?

2. We have LICENSE file at the top directory. Is it okay to have a file with some different license under the tree and publish it as part of neutron distribution?

Any feedback and help are really appreciated.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/470911/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/470911/20/neutron/privileged/agent/linux/netlink_lib.py@15

Thanks,
Hoang