[openstack-dev] [docs][neutron] doc-migration status

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 18:33:46 UTC 2017

> Excerpts from Kevin Benton's message of 2017-07-23 14:19:51 -0700:
>> Yeah, the networking guide does include configuration for some of the
>> sub-projects (e.g. BGP is at [1]). For the remaining ones there is work
>> that needs to be done because their docs live in wiki pages.
>>
>> 1.
>> https://docs.openstack.org/ocata/networking-guide/config-bgp-dynamic-routing.html
>
> OK, that's good to know. It would be good to be consistent with the
> approach to the stadium projects, so we can either eliminate the list of
> projects from landing pages that show things like "all of the admin
> guides" or we can add the projects so users can find the docs. If
> they're all covered in the networking guide, we could include that
> information on the admin landing page, for example.

Thanks for the advise.

Yeah, we need some consistency across the stadium projects.
The installation and/or config guide can be covered by the networking
guide (admin guide).
Regarding the configuration reference, I think it is better to have
them in individual projects
as they are generated automatically from the code.

The stadium projects are roughly categorized into two:
service project (like FWaaS, BGP, SFC...) and back-end project
(networking-ovn/odl/midonet...).
Around the service projects, the networking guide looks the best place
to cover various things.
A single place will help readers.
Regarding back-end projects, individual projects have their own
contents in their repository
and I am not sure which is better.
Anyway we can discuss and get consensus in the neutron team.

> In the mean time, if someone from the neutron project will review
> the list of "Missing URLs" on https://doughellmann.com/doc-migration/
> and let me know which ones represent content included in other
> documents, I can update the burndown chart generator to reflect
> that.

I am usually checking the doc-migration burndown chart including missing URLs
on the neutron stadium projects.
The progress is generally good and the remaining things are as follows:
- Configuration reference for all listed projects are under review
  (all have been proposed and I am taking care of them).
- The installation guide of networking-odl is also under review and I
believe will land soon.
All progresses are tracked on the doc-migration etherpad (neutron section).

Akihiro