[openstack-dev] [nova] loss of WSGI request logs with request-id under uwsgi/apache - PLAN OF ACTION

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jul 20 16:30:51 UTC 2017

On 07/20/2017 09:27 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
<snip>
> Here is a starting patch that gets us close (no tests yet) -
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/485602/ - it's going to require a paste
> change, which is less than idea.

After some #openstack-nova IRC discussion this morning, we decided the
following:

1) we need something like this!

2) changing paste.ini, and having an upgrade note, is not the end of the
world.

If you are cutting over from eventlet to uwsgi/apache, you are going to
need to do other configuration management changes in your environment,
adding this to the mix would be another part of that manual change.

3) try to get this to go silent if enabled under eventlet (to prevent
duplicate lines) as a stretch goal (which I think I just got working).

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net